The Institut für Freie Berufe at the Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (IFB) is one of the leading research and consulting institutions for liberal professions in Germany. We know about all aspects of liberal professions no matter whether you want to start your business as a coach, consultant, lawyer, doctor, engineer, non-medical practitioner, artists or journalist.
Focusing mainly on liberal professions the IFB serves as a first contact point for freelancers in a liberal profession, who are seeking expert advice and support before and after starting their business.
Every day we are answering a variety of questions and are helping new entrepreneurs on their way to self-employment. Typical questions are:
- Does my occupation belong to the liberal professions?
- What should I consider as an entrepreneur in a liberal profession?
- What specific requirements do I have to consider regarding self-employment?
- Is public funding available for my start-up project?
- What am I liable for as an entrepreneur in a liberal profession?
- How can I avoid the risk of pseudo-self-employment?
In addition to our individual start-up counselling, we offer specialized workshops and seminars, funded coaching for professionals and a wide range of start-up information. Furthermore, our research department offers valuable statistics and publications.
Are you planning to start your own business in a liberal profession or have you already started? Do you have any questions or do you need support?
Call us or send us an email! Please contact us here.
Our telephone and written advice is free!
Hamid Rezai, M.Sc. Business Management (Univ.)
Head of start-up consulting