In the pre-set-up period, the IFB and the Investitions- und Strukturbank Rheinland-Pfalz (Investment and Economic Development Bank of Rhineland-Palatinate) with support of the Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Verkehr, Landwirtschaft und Weinbau Rheinland-Pfalz (Ministry of Economy, Climate Protection, Energy and State Development of Rhineland-Palatinate) offer a coaching program, the so called “Beratungszuschuss für Existenzgründung und Unternehmensnachfolge” (advisory grant for start-ups and corporate succession), for future entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs taking over or handing over a company in liberal professions. Even before the registration of the self-employment, experienced consultants accompany your way to a successful implementation of your business idea and support you in business issues. If you plan to expand your job from part-time to full-time, there can be offered support as well.
Everybody who wants to start, hand or take over a business in a liberal profession in Rhineland-Palatinate, can be supported. This requires that the company will be based in Rhineland-Palatinate.
The funding covers up to 50% of the advisory fee. A maximum of 400 EUR per day (8 hours ) can be granted.
Eligible options for funding:
- up to three days for start-up consultation while being employed or gradually entering the self-employment.
- up to six days of consultation regarding a business start-up or a company takeover.
- up to nine days of consultation in the case of succeeding a business.
For persons handing over a company: you are eligible for funding if you have a majority stake in the company, that employs less than 50 people and whose annual turnover or annual balance does not exceed 10 Million Euros. Furthermore, consultation concerning a company transfer can only be realized by entrepreneurs turning 55 or older, entrepreneurs who became disabled or heirs of a company within one year after the succession.
What has to be done?
- Choose a coach accredited by the KfW (see KfW-Beraterbörse).
- Fill out the application below.
- The IFB checks your application and contacts you if necessary.
- After reviewing your documents, they will be sent to the granting authority, the Investment and Economic Development Bank of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Then you will receive the permit notice from the Investment and Economic Development Bank of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- IMPORTANT: Only after you have received the grant agreement, it is allowed to enter a consulting contract with your coach and start with the counselling.
- After the consultation, first thing, you have to pay the invoice of the coach.
- Please send us the invoicing documents including the original invoice, a copy of the account statement and the final report in the original.
- The IFB submits your complete final documents to the Investment and Economic Development Bank of Rhineland-Palatinate for the payment of your grant.
What has to be considered?
- The counselling has to take place during the appropriation period.
- The original invoicing documents have to be handed in within the deadline mentioned in the notification.
- The maximum daily fee eligible is 800 EUR.
- If a pre-tax deduction exists, please attach a confirmation of the financial authority concerning previous self-employment or a second occupation or a business registration to make an application!
- Counselling that refers to legal, insurance or tax issues as well as to expert opinions or development of software is excluded.
- If you are already self-employed in the main occupation, the funding is not possible.
- Counselling taking less than four hours is not eligible.
- The following applies: No counselling for business consultants.
- There is no legal right to the funding.
The fee corresponding to the request for the funding of operational counselling for entrepreneurs in Rhineland-Palatinate is 95 EUR. Your request will be processed only after the receipt of the fee.